Accurate Digital Thermometer NOT made in China?

Ask here about items you'd find in a pharmacy, such as make-up, medicine, healthcare products, etc.
SickofChina

Accurate Digital Thermometer NOT made in China?

Post by SickofChina »

I am SICK SICK SICK of China thermometers.

I literally am sitting here with 10 different ones I bought over the last 2 years. Some no-name models, some from brand names like Braun and Vicks and Kinsa.

You'd think that with 10 thermometers I'd get SOME that give accurate results. But NONE of them do. Not only are they wildly inconsistent between each other, they are wildly inconsistent when you take the same reading 10 seconds apart on the same person.

I just tried taking my daughter's temperature with a piece of junk made by Kinsa. The first reading read 102.1 degrees. I started to panic. The second read 99.1. The third read 101.2. In the meantime, the Braun read 99.6, the no-name read 98.1 and 100.1. And the second time I tried it, everything was completely off.

They all have ONE thing made in common. Yes, they were all made in China. It is literally sickening that the CCP's incompetence was the thing that brought this f***ing virus to the USA, and then now that we're all getting it we're throwing our money BACK to them to buy multiple pieces of junk. They're just laughing at us.

I don't blame China or even the CCP. I blame idiot American manufacturers and their executives who sold out to China. Can someone PLEASE give me the name of a thermometer that is NOT made there??? I would pay $100-200 at this point for one (ironically I've already paid more than that for these pieces of crap that are littering my house and will soon be littering a landfill).
steve
Site Admin

Re: Accurate Digital Thermometer NOT made in China?

Post by steve »

I certainly feel your pain. We have the exact same situation in our house. I don't know how many times I've been duped into buying cheap thermometers based on FAKE reviews, only to get the product and seeing that "Made in China" label, which feels like

I'll probably write up a proper review of thermometers at some point, but from my early research here are two models to consider:

1) Exergen Temporal Artery Thermometer
https://amzn.to/3GAEOdb

This thermometer works by swiping the forehead along the temporal artery. The reviews for this are pretty solid (despite clear signs of review manipulation from China manufacturers that Amazon is ignoring. The product is listed as "invented, designed, assembled, tested, and packaged in the USA by Emergen Corporation". That's pretty good in my book.

Here's essentially the same model with "smart glow" features: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Exergen-Temp ... /885074145

2) FORA Non-Contact Thermometer
https://amzn.to/3quPlAR

These thermometers are made in Taiwan. If you still think of "made in Taiwan" as what it meant in the 1970's, it's time to upgrade your thinking. Made in Taiwan means super high quality these days, just as much as you'd expect from "made in" the USA, Japan, or Germany. One bonus of supporting companies that still manufacture in Taiwan is that you can spit in the eye of the CCP who is threatening the sovereign nation of Taiwan with its saber rattling and puerile threats.

Most of the reviews are pretty positive but I'll be honest--even if this does turn out to be junk, if I'm going to throw $22 away, I'd much rather throw it away to free Taiwan than to communist China.
Paul

Re: Accurate Digital Thermometer NOT made in China?

Post by Paul »

I have this Braun thermometer (see photo), the Thermoscan 6023. It is made in Germany. The sleeves are made in USA.
Mine is now an outdated model but I saw that there are also newer models in circulation that are also made in Germany or made in Mexico.
There are also Thermoscan thermometers that are made in China, so be careful which one you buy.

For Europe (Celcius) there is also an old-fashioned analogue alternative, which is very affordable. This is the GERATHERM Classic.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (236.85 KiB) Viewed 27680 times
Fighting a lonely battle... People, please stop buying Chinese crap!