Electric toothbrush not made in china

Ask here about items you'd find in a pharmacy, such as make-up, medicine, healthcare products, etc.
Mary C

Electric toothbrush not made in china

Post by Mary C »

I keep buying Philips Sonicares, paying nearly $200 each time, but it never fails that they break after about a year of use. I think I'm on my 4th or 5th DiamondClean now.

I checked the bottom of the handle, and they're all made in China. I see that Philips is starting to outsource to Indonesia now, but it came way too late for me and I am THROUGH supporting the China Communist Party OR Philips anymore. Can anyone recommend a reliable electronic toothbrush from any other vendor that's also not made in China?
BB Bristol

Re: Electric toothbrush not made in china

Post by BB Bristol »

My Sonicare crapped out on me too conveniently after a the warranty expired, and I paid almost $300 for mine!

You'll want to look at Oral-B. Be be careful. You want a model that's called PRO, PROFESSIONAL CARE, or TRIUMPH. These are made in Germany.

All the others are made in China. What makes it even more confusing is that the boxes look EXACTLY the same. If you go to BJs you'll see a model called "CrossAction 1500" that looks a lot like "Pro 1500", but they leave off the country of origin, which means it's likely from China (which explains why it's cheaper).

This is one of their most popular ones. It's called the SMART 1500, but it shows up when you search for PRO 1500, so I believe it's under the PRO line, and the product page says it's made in Germany.
P.J.

Re: Electric toothbrush not made in china

Post by P.J. »

CrossAction 1500 is made in Germany too--just go to the store and check out the box. Most online sites are just lazy about putting country of manufacture on their sites. It's just an older model that they're phasing out for the Pro 1500 and the Smart 1500.

I wish they did a better job of naming their toothbrushes--I agree that it's real confusing.