Where are Yeezys made these days?

Looking for shirts, pants, socks, underwear, jackets and outerwear, swimwear, hats, shoes, or any other piece of clothing not made in China? Post your request here.
Breden W

Where are Yeezys made these days?

Post by Breden W »

I know they (like most Adidas shoes) are made in China, but I remember Kanye said that he wanted to move production to the US by 2021. Has he had any luck in doing that?
steve
Site Admin

Re: Where are Yeezys made these days?

Post by steve »

Yeezys have always been made in China. The one exception is Yeezy Foam RNNRs. There was a lot of hype that these would be produced in the USA out of a factory in Cody, Wyoming and made from local-grown algae. Kanye announced their release in June 2020. Not surprisingly, they sold out immediately.

There have been conflicting reports. according to Complex, people are reporting getting boxes of Foam Runners that are made in China.

From what I can piece together:

The original Ararat launching in 2020 was made in the USA
Sand and MXT Moon Gray launched on March 26, 2021. It appears that Sand is made in the USA, and MXT Moon Gray is made in China

What's worse is that you have an endless supply of China manufacturers lining up to produce replicas and knockoffs. There was a lot of hype in the news recently because Kanye threatened to sue Walmart for allowing one third party seller to sell these designs. Walmart removed that one, but it'll be a never-ending game of whack-a-mole to stop hundreds of others--as one is removed, three pop up to take its place.

He's got quite a hill to climb. In China, they're not only counterfeiting Yeezy shoes, but entire physical Yeezy stores!