Chinese made apps

Ask about any product that's not covered under one of the categories above. If enough people post about products in a given category, we'll create a new official category and move them over.
Paul

Chinese made apps

Post by Paul »

I see an increasing number of Chinese-made apps in the app stores. I would never install a Chinese-made app myself. What is your opinion on this?

The popularity of TikTok surprises me as this also is an app of Chinese origin.

In India, the anti-China policy is the strongest in the world. Apps have therefore been developed in India that scan Chinese apps on your phone, such as the Find China Apps app. I don't know if this is a reliable app itself.
Fighting a lonely battle... People, please stop buying Chinese crap!
steve
Site Admin

Re: Chinese made apps

Post by steve »

What I find amazing isn't that China is using apps like TikTok to do mass surveillance on the populations of the US and the EU, but that that don't even need to lift a finger to get these apps on people's phones as millions of people are eagerly downloading and installing the app, assuming it to be harmless fun.

The most chilling statistic? Last year 63% of all Americans between 12 and 17 used TikTok on a weekly basis. Can you imagine what Hitler or Stalin or Mao would have given to have this kind of access to their enemies? They know where they are, what they are doing, what they are talking about, what they are passionate about.

And is it an accident that China allows only a handful of its citizens on TikTok (even though it's China-owned), while it carefully controls who can access DouYin (the CCP-approved version of TikTok) and for how long (under 40 minutes/day)? If, heaven forbid, the US and China get into a war, what does the US know about young people in China vs. what China knows about the US?

What's most shocking to me isn't how China is using these apps to gain a clear strategic advantage over the US and the EU militarily, but how American and European defense agencies seem completely clueless. I'm just a dumb blogger and I can figure it out. And when a presidential administration talks about banning TikTok, all you hear are cries of "racism" (which are almost completely seeded by the CCP).

The CCP may be evil, but they are not stupid. I wish I could say the same about people in our Hemisphere.
Paul

Re: Chinese made apps

Post by Paul »

It's unbelievable so many western people and governments simply do not care or understand... :o

Have you read this article? I didn't need to read it to get as far away from this app as possible. But a lot of people need to read it.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/enriquedan ... 1e78103b79
Fighting a lonely battle... People, please stop buying Chinese crap!