Most misleading tool ad ever! DeWalt DWE402 is made in China

Ask about any product that's not covered under one of the categories above. If enough people post about products in a given category, we'll create a new official category and move them over.
Paul

Most misleading tool ad ever! DeWalt DWE402 is made in China

Post by Paul »

Look at this, I've never seen this before.
The website advertises very heavily that this DeWalt DWE402 grinder is Made in USA.
The same sticker with American flag is also on the top of the grinding tool.
But take a look at the type plate, there it says in small letters in the bottom right corner "made in China".
What a scam!

To be found on this website:

http://bulldog-fasteners.com/product/dw ... e-grinder/
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (240.68 KiB) Viewed 23161 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (246.01 KiB) Viewed 23163 times
Fighting a lonely battle... People, please stop buying Chinese crap!
steve
Site Admin

Re: Most misleading tool ad ever! DeWalt DWE402 is made in China

Post by steve »

I see this happening more and more.

Hanlon's razor applies to most of these cases--never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.

These are likely cases where a junior staffer in the marketing department (or an ad agency) comes up with a brilliant marketing idea but doesn't run it by the folks in charge of product development or product management.

I'm guessing the DWE402 was once on this list...
https://www.dewalt.com/why-dewalt/made- ... -materials

...but fell off because yet another idiot executive made the decision to close a US-based production line.

The photo certainly makes it somewhat comical--and I'm sure once a lawyer sees this they'll be suing Dewalt for false advertising. I do hope Dewalt customers speak with their wallets--buy the few tools left that are genuinely assembled in the USA. They'll get a quality product that will last years.