Mountain or Hybrid Bikes

Ask about any product that's not covered under one of the categories above. If enough people post about products in a given category, we'll create a new official category and move them over.
M. Rider

Mountain or Hybrid Bikes

Post by M. Rider »

I had my heart set on getting a Trek FX hybrid bike. In fact, for the first time in my life I was prepared to spend over $1000 for it.

But I can't find any definitive information on where it's produced. Does anyone know? Are there any comparable bikes from other brands?
Carsten Hoberg

Re: Mountain or Hybrid Bikes

Post by Carsten Hoberg »

Google's sponsored result for Trekbikes.com reads (I translated from the German language version): Most Trek-Bikes are manufactured outside of the United States, in the Netherlands, Germany, Tawan and China, amongst others. (Die meisten Trek-Fahrräder werden außerhalb der Vereinigten Staaten hergestellt, unter anderem in den Niederlanden, Deutschland, Taiwan und China.)
Unfortunately, there is no information for this model. But if you find it in a local store, they might know because it's usually written in big letters on the cardboard box in which the bike is shipped. Maybe they even got one which isn't unpacked so you could see yourself.