badminton rackets and nets

Ask about any product that's not covered under one of the categories above. If enough people post about products in a given category, we'll create a new official category and move them over.
George Li

badminton rackets and nets

Post by George Li »

I know badminton was invented in China so this may be a strange question, but i’d like to know if anyone knows of an entry level badminton set that’s not made in China. I’m willing to pay more, but not too much more, than those dollar store ones that collapse after 2 times
steve
Site Admin

Re: badminton rackets and nets

Post by steve »

Here's your best bet--the Victor C-7044 Outdoor Badminton Set. It's Made in Taiwan.

https://amzn.to/3zLu3jL

Victor is one of the big names in professional Badminton, and they keep most of their production in Taiwan. Unlike cheap $10 sets, these racquets don't break right away and can withstand some intense playing. The sad reality is that companies get away with selling $10 sets because most people buy it but don't play it more than a few times.

Yonex is probably the biggest. It's based in Japan, but they outsource a ton of their production to China now, especially the lower end stuff.

Avoid Li Ning, which is a 100% China company. Also avoid Wilson which, believe it or not, is also a company owned by China (it was acquired by Finnish company Amer Sports, which itself was acquired by China's Anta Sports. That's right, a portion of every Wilson footballs, baseball gloves, tennis racquet goes to support the Chinese Communist Party.