Strong Beach / sand toys

Ask about any product that's not covered under one of the categories above. If enough people post about products in a given category, we'll create a new official category and move them over.
Groo

Strong Beach / sand toys

Post by Groo »

Sick of every beach toy I get from CVS collapsing after 2 trips to the beach, leaving me with cracked plastic. Do anyone even make beach toys that actually scoop sand without breaking or warping?
steve
Site Admin

Re: Strong Beach / sand toys

Post by steve »

Have you ever heard of Spielstabil? They make beach toys that are virtually indestructible, and they're made in Germany.

The problem with most American consumers is that they buy products from China that LOOK like these at a fraction of the cost. And then after a few months they break. But instead of second-guessing their decision to buy stuff from China, they double down and buy even more stuff made in China to replace the toys. So the consumer ends up spending more, landfills end up getting filled, and the CCP just gets richer and richer.

I was shocked to find a product like a beach toy that was engineered in Germany and is still made in Germany. They pass the strictest German and EU safety standards, are made of food-grade ABS plastic polyethylene and Polupropylene (no PVC or Phthalates), and are put together through hygenic ultrasonic welding rathe than gluing or chemical adhesives. They're pretty much unbreakable.

Sand Sifter

Sand Scoop

Large Sand Bucket / Pail

Heavy Duty Beach Shovel

Small Sand Scoop Beach Toy

Aggravatingly, note how Amazon shows "related" and "sponsored" products from fake China brands like HONGDE and RANLIP that are much cheaper than Spielstabil. They're using the tricks I wrote about here to hijack searches of unsuspecting consumers.