Stainless steel bathroom squeegee

This category is to discuss products for the home, from home appliances to furniture to dining.
Paul

Stainless steel bathroom squeegee

Post by Paul »

A product that cannot be found (NMIC) is a stainless-steel bathroom squeegee.
I invested several hours and wrote to different suppliers trying to find one not made in China.
Plastic window squeegees and wooden floor squeegees can be found, but trendy stainless-steel bathroom (window and floor) squeegees all come from China.

I ended up buying professional squeegees, which I am very happy with because they work much better.
I bought a floor squeegee from Vikan, made in Denmark, www.vikan.com
And the window squeegee I bought is from Unger, made in Germany (also available as made in USA). www.ungerglobal.com
Please note, not all Unger products come from Germany or the US. They also produce in China.

Fighting a lonely battle... People, please stop buying Chinese crap!
steve
Site Admin

Re: Stainless steel bathroom squeegee

Post by steve »

Thanks for the find, Paul!

For users in the US, here's a link to Vikan products on Amazon. I was very pleased to find that a number of them are made in Denmark! They look very well made, and stylish too.

https://amzn.to/358D9gV

I'm so sick and tired of buying made in China cleaning supplies that fall apart in a few months. We've been brainwashed into thinking that buying a broom for $20 is excessive, but you'd think that consumers would be smart enough to realize that buying one $20 every 5 years is better than buying one $5 every six months!
Paul

Re: Stainless steel bathroom squeegee

Post by Paul »

Vikan is a brand that focuses on the professional market. You can feel that too, it is top quality.
The colors are nice for us as consumers but are actually intended to minimize the risk of cross-contamination in food processing industries. I have seen the Vikan products myself in the food processing industry, each department has a different color. Their products are sold a lot here in Europe.

As far as I can find, all Vikan products are made in Denmark, except for the textiles, which are made in Sweden or Estonia (so completely made in Europe).

I fully agree with you, buy something good for a little more money than multiple times a crap product.
Fighting a lonely battle... People, please stop buying Chinese crap!