Metal Shoe Rack made in Taiwan at BJ's

This category is to discuss products for the home, from home appliances to furniture to dining.
steve
Site Admin

Metal Shoe Rack made in Taiwan at BJ's

Post by steve »

I was shocked to find this Meta Shoe Rack with Wood Top at my local BJs for a few reasons.

One, it was really affordable at $35. Second, it was made in Taiwan.

Unfortunately I don't see this SKU online, but if you have a BJ's membership, check out your local store. I remember two years ago I would go through the aisles and see China, China China everywhere. When I went I saw pencils made in Mexico, pens made in Japan, mechanical pencils made in France, furniture made in Vietnam; there was still stuff made in China, but it was much, much more diverse a selection than before, likely a combination of the tariffs of 2008, China's shooting itself in the foot with their draconian COVID policies, and the general pushback against China human rights and military bullying.

Good for the BJ's merchandisers and buyers. And good for the consumers. As long as this trend continues, I'd definitely encourage everyone to sign up for a BJ's Membership and send a clear message by buying more and more of these things that aren't made in China