Toaster Ovens

Ask here about kitchen appliances, cookware, food prep, and anything else you'll find around the kitchen.
fightpersecution

Toaster Ovens

Post by fightpersecution »

Are there any toaster ovens not made in China?
steve
Site Admin

Re: Toaster Ovens

Post by steve »

Sadly, this is one category where I searched for days and weeks and can find nothing.

Breville uses the weasel words "Designed in Australia, Made in China", as if that means anything.

Wolf is made in China. Cuisinart, of course, is made in China. Balmuda is made in China. Instant Pot is made in China. De'Longhi is made in China. Philips is made in China. Panasonic is made in China.

And of course, there are dozens and dozens of "gibberish" brands on Amazon that look suspiciously like Breville, Wolf, Cuisinart, Balmuda, Instant Pot, and De'Longhu. Do the corporate executives of those companies in Australia, the USA, Japan, and Italy care? No, because by the time their companies are dead, they will be too.

I can attest first-hand to the quality of China manufacturing. Years ago, I bought a Breville, before I learned how to look for "made in China". A few days after the warranty was over, it broke as if on cue. The heating elements just started working unpredictably.

There was a thread on Reddit last year on this subject. No conclusions there, except that you might get lucky if you look in certain local markets such as Japan.

Some people suggested trying a Samsung Grill Microwave like this one (https://amzn.to/3s52FfQ). It's made in Malaysia (Samsung is one of the few companies actively looking to manufacture outside of China, which is why my next phone is probably going to be a Galaxy).

Interested to hear what other people find in their local markets.
blakemankb

Re: Toaster Ovens

Post by blakemankb »

I recommend Dualit Classic Toasters, handmade in the UK

https://www.dualit.com/products/classic-toasters