Cookware sold at Ikea not made in China

Ask here about kitchen appliances, cookware, food prep, and anything else you'll find around the kitchen.
asdfghjkl

Cookware sold at Ikea not made in China

Post by asdfghjkl »

Recently I furnished a kitchen for my parents in their downsizing move, and this is what I got:

Ikea sells carbon steel pans made in Brazil called VARDAGEN. They need to be seasoned, but the one I bought worked nicely for eggs after I seasoned it.

Ikea sells blue glasses made in France also called VARDAGEN that we have and love, but the small clear glasses under the same name are made in China!

Ikea has cute porcelain bowls called ENTUSIASM made in Thailand.

I also got a 2 quart Stainless saucepan with lid made in Vietnam, although it's possible that they vary the country because their website doesn't list country of manufacture: IKEA 365+ Saucepan with lid, stainless steel, 2 qt. I believe they had glass lidded pans not made in China as well.

Costco sells a low cost 18/10 flatware made in Vietnam under the name Gourmet settings.

Tiger sells a rice cooker made in Japan at Costco. Of course the microcomputer internals may be made elsewhere, and I didn't look into the details because it was hard to find even this.