Alternative to Anker for cell phone power bank / extended battery?

Ask the community about the best TV, smartphones, laptops, security cameras, tablets, and other consumer electronics not made in China.
Battman

Alternative to Anker for cell phone power bank / extended battery?

Post by Battman »

I was devastated to learn that my favorite cable and battery pack seller, Anker, is 100% owned and operated in China.

It would be ironic if we woke up to find that none of us can charge our mobile devices anymore before China has closed off access to chargers that no one outside of China knows how to make anymore.

Is there ANYWHERE I can buy a charger not made in China? Doesn't have to be the US--Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, anywhere else.
Henry O

Re: Alternative to Anker for cell phone battery charger?

Post by Henry O »

Yeah, it broke my heart when I realized that Anker is 100% on the 'dark side', and given their recent monopolization of Amazon power supplies (since Aukey and RavPower were banned from Amazon), the CCP through its ties to Anker knows more about American communications devices than the US government does.

Had to go through a hundred listings to find one, but here is one that looks like it's made in Taiwan

Has two USB-A charging ports; one goes up to 1.5A and the other to 2.4A, so it supports fast chargers.

Surprisingly cheap for an 8300mAh powerbank. When my own Anker dies (which should be very soon--the USB-C plug is about to snap off), I'll probably be replacing with this one.

Here's a 7800mAh one in white; 1.2A port and a 2.1A port.

Hope this helps you!
Henry

Listing confirms that the Sanyo battery cell inside is made in Japan, and the unit itself is assembled in Taiwan, so it's a win-win.
bets

Post by bets »

check out pwr+ link

theyre a company based in wa with manufacturing in taiwan. quality stuff.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I own this charger from the Swiss brand "Punkt". It is made in Italy.
The power input is 100-240 V AC, 50/60 Hz, it is available with European plugs C and G and US plug A.
Available in brown, black and white.

https://www.punkt.ch/en/products/uc01-u ... p-charger/

Fighting a lonely battle... People, please stop buying Chinese crap!
steve
Site Admin

Re: Alternative to Anker for cell phone power bank / extended battery?

Post by steve »

Looks like a few of the Amazon links to the Mediasonic Power Bank have gone out of stock.

Walmart seems to have a pretty stead inventory of them, and it's a plus that you won't have to deal with counterfeits like you see all the time on Amazon. And the price is still remarkably cheap for a product with parts from Japan and assembled in Taiwan. Support this company while you can!

https://fave.co/3Iw7R3o