Hi from Europe!

A general discussion board for introducing yourself and talking about general topic about products not made in China.
Paul

Hi from Europe!

Post by Paul »

Hi,

There was a time when I didn't have to look at every label before, I bought something. That was almost 20 years ago now.
Since that time, I've judged pretty much everything I've bought by the country of origin. I prefer European, American, or other Western. If not available, I buy stuff from Asia, with a preference for Japanese and Korean.
Unfortunately, you can't avoid Chinese goods sometimes because some products are simply not available from other countries.

Recently I came across this forum, good initiative! It's nice to find like-minded people and to be able to help each other.
I think I am of added value because I come from Europe. I have noticed that we have many different products here than in America. In this way we increase each other's search area.
I'm also active on Reddit, on the subforums: r/avoidchineseproducts and r/NotMadeInChina and have added many products to productfrom.com.

Greetings Paul
Fighting a lonely battle... People, please stop buying Chinese crap!
steve
Site Admin

Re: Hi from Europe!

Post by steve »

Welcome Paul! We're still pretty small here and to be honest, I don't think we'll ever get to the popularity of a site like r/avoidchineseproducts (which I'm on as well and I love), but I figured I'd set this up anyway, as we need as many voices as we can get out there.

Most of my analysis is US-centric, but would love to hear your strategies for avoiding made in China in Europe. You're right that often big brands will manufacture products for different markets in different countries, so it'd be great to share "finds", especially if there are certain products where we can't find alternatives to Made in China in our respective countries!

Take care,
Steve
Paul

Re: Hi from Europe!

Post by Paul »

I also don't think a forum of this topic attracts a very large group of people. I have been fighting alone for 2 decades, only my wife is also participating. The rest of my family, friends, acquaintances and colleagues cannot be convinced. Personally, I really don't understand that if there is a product from China on the left and a product from a western country on the right, that there is someone who buys that Chinese product. And yet this is precisely what is often the case... :roll:

I like that your analysis is aimed at the US market because it contains different products. In the case of electrical appliances, unfortunately, it is not usable, but many other items are.
Fighting a lonely battle... People, please stop buying Chinese crap!